23 Things to Expect on an Other Way Round Trip (to Colombia)
Hola! We’re Other Way Round and we specialise in Colombia trips for adventure loving people aged 25-45. Thinking about joining one of our trips? Here’s what you can expect.
1. You’re going to see a lot of epic views (and we mean everywhere). These are just a few.
Like the Guatape reservoir.
Or this…(that’s Bogota btw).
The view over Jardin’s not too shabby either (the beer definitely helps right)?
2. You’ve probably never heard of any of the food – but it’s delicious! (especially if you have a big appetite). Bandeja Paisa is a must try.
3. You get to do an awesome hike through the jungle – think “Tomb Raider” meets “The Beach” (bonus points if you spot a monkey/snake/crocodile).
Or how about a “gentle stroll” through the countryside in Antioquia instead?
4. The graffiti is on another level.
And remember – it’s important to look badass when posing with graffiti. We’re totally pulling it off right? (ok maybe not quite. Can you guess who’s the graffiti artist)? 🙈
5. There’s a lot of “chubby” statues. Apparently some guy from Medellin has a thing for them!
Ok turns out ‘that guy’ is a bit of a local legend called Fernando Botero. He’s famed throughout the world for his voluminous style of art. Pretty cool isn’t it?
6. So many lush lush mountains. Medellin & Bogota are located smack in the middle of the Andes and the setting is spectacular.
7. We do like a bit of sailing – especially when there’s sunshine, cocktails & island hopping involved.
And there’s plenty of time for frolicking around in that crystal clear sea.
8. Beer + Gunpowder = an explosive night out (and a shit ton of fun)
It’s called Tejo and you’re going to LOVE it.
Ok, it’s kinda difficult to catch the explosion on camera but when it happens, you’ll know! 💥
9. Coffee. Directamente from the source.
You’ll have to do a little work first.
And then…look at those happy faces.
10. The towns are like something out of a fairytale. So so colourful.
11. Reggeaton, Salsa, Bachata, Cumbia, Champeta & more. Hope you like music because there’s no avoiding it 🎶
12. Colombia has the cutest little houses. We especially LOVE the doors.
Just be careful of oncoming traffic.
13. There’s a very (very) random rock sticking out of the earth which is apparently 65 million years old. Oh, and you get to climb it !
Selfies first of course. And then, time to hit those 700 steps.
14. This is not some fluffy tourist experience. You’re going to see the real Colombia. Expect to be blown away!
15. It’s a fruit lovers paradise. There’s exotic fruits in abundance and everything tastes so much fresher and juicier here.
16. Even if you think you can dance, you probably can’t compared to Colombians (sorry). Their moves are off the charts. Great laugh to give it a try though.💃
17. We do enjoy a nice hotel. Nothing too fancy but somewhere with a bit of style and personality. And we definitely like a cheeky swimming pool.
You are on holiday after all.
18. Rum. Not just any rum, but really really good rum. Oh and with chocolate. If you’re not a rum drinker, good chance you will be after this.
19. It wouldn’t be a holiday without an exotic beach right? We present you Parque Tayrona.
20. Quite possibly the friendliest people on earth. In truth, the people are the highlight of Colombia.
This is Andres, coffee farmer and absolute legend! (he’s the one in the hat btw) 😉
21. There’s a party on a bus. It’s called a Chiva Rumbera and you’re going to love it (or hate it) but either way you’ve got to experience it.
MC? – you bet!
Cerveza, rum and the all important maracas – all set for a lively night.
22. Your fun loving trip hosts.
Steve, Marcela, Julian. Completely responsible of course, but yeah we do also like to get involved in the fun!
23. Most importantly. A solid bunch of adventurous travellers to have a laugh with along the way (totally biased of course but we do seem to get the best guests) ❤️
(P.s. it was windy that day)!