3 Amazing Holiday Destinations for Your 30th Birthday
Where to Travel for Your 30th Birthday?
Approaching your 30th birthday and looking to do something extra special to mark the occasion?
How about taking an overseas trip?
Not just any bog standard foreign holiday though.
(it is your 30th after all)
But how about an awesome adventure that you’re certain to look back on with envy when you’re grey and old.
That sounds much better right?
If you’re ready to break into this new decade with an emphatic bang then we’ve got 3 amazing holiday destinations where you can celebrate your 30th birthday in style.
A Travel Group for 30 Somethings
Before we dive into those holiday destination ideas it’s worth sharing a little about us. We’re Other Way Round and we specialise in group trips for adventurous travellers aged 25-45. We focus on a more immersive style of travel compared to the traditional tour groups out there and we like to venture to some of the most exotic places in Latin America (the exact type of places that will absolutely leave a lifelong impression). The vast majority of our travellers are in their 30s, with over 90% of them travelling solo, and many of our guests do travel with us specifically to celebrate their 30th birthday.
Below are some of their favourite destinations!
1. COLOMBIA – the off the beaten path 30th birthday
If you’re looking to spend your 30th birthday in some far-flung place way off the beaten path then Colombia is the perfect destination. In recent years the country has really opened up to international tourism meaning that it’s now at that perfect sweet spot where there’s good tourism infrastructure in place, but mass market tourism still hasn’t arrived. Meaning you still get to experience all of it’s authentic charm! And charm you it will with its ridiculous amount of natural beauty, pulsating cities, and amazingly vibrant culture.
Here’s what you can expect.
- Experience thriving MEDELLIN, CARTAGENA & BOGOTA
- Get your SALSA on
- Play Colombia’s EXPLOSIVE national sport
- Visit lush coffee plantations
- ISLAND-HOP the tropical ROSARIO ISLANDS
- Sample Colombia’s finest RUM
- HIKE lush jungles
- Learn about Colombia’s remarkable social transformation
2. MEXICO – the culture rich 30th birthday
If you’re interested in wrapping yourself up in culture (with a little beach time thrown in for fun) then Mexico is another great choice. You can spend days soaking up the pulsating atmosphere in the mega metropolis of Mexico city (in truth you could spend much longer) and then switch it up completely by experiencing the more traditional side of Mexican life in rural Oaxaca. And what better way to finish your 30th birthday holiday by skipping the hordes of tourists in Cancun and instead bathing in the pristine golden beaches of the bohemian beach town of Tulum.
Here’s the best bits.
- Wander the streets of MEXICO CITY
- Enjoy delicious Mexican STREET FOOD
- Taste the finest TEQUILA
- Bask on the golden CARIBBEAN BEACHES of TULUM
- Bike through ancient MAYAN RUINS
- Experience Mexican WRESTLING
- Snorkel in secluded SWIMMING HOLES
- Relax and unwind with beachside YOGA
3. PERU – the bucket list 30th birthday
Our third option for an epic 30th birthday getaway is the rather trendy and extremely diverse South American hotspot of Peru. Here not only will you experience two of the world’s most sought after bucket list places – the awe-inspiring Amazon rainforest and the otherworldly Machu Picchu – but you’ll also experience many spectacular places you’ve probably never even heard of. Not to mention being spoiled with some of the best cuisine in the world. As 30th birthdays go, it doesn’t get much better than this.
Here’s the highlights.
- Bike the streets of LIMA
- Create your own CEVICHE and PISCO SOUR
- Sail through the AMAZON rainforest
- Hike the spectacular INCA TRAIL
- Explore the inca ruins of MACHU PICCHU
- Make your signature CHOCOLATE from Peruvian cacao
- Explore the intriguing SALT MINES of Maras
- Immerse in charming CUSCO
“IF YOU’RE THE SORT OF PERSON WHO LIKES TO EXPERIENCE THE TRUE ESSENCE OF A COUNTRY, LEARN ITS HISTORY, MEET THE LOCALS, TRY THE FOOD (AND DRINK!) AND GIVE SOMETHING BACK, THEN FRANKLY WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! THERE ARE VARIOUS TOUR COMPANIES THAT MAY OFFER SIMILAR EXPERIENCES, BUT NONE QUITE SO PERSONAL AND WITH QUITE SO MANY BANTS I’M SURE” – NICOLA, UK